Medcare is a charity registered in the UK, dedicated to serve the children in Uganda, providing them with a lifeline in the face of extreme...
Medcare is a charity registered in the UK, dedicated to serve the children in Uganda, providing them with a lifeline in the face of extreme poverty. Poverty has resulted in poor living conditions, unclean water, malnutrition and neglect often resulting in sickness and a vulnerability in the face of many diseases, and sometimes death.
Medcare believe all children have the rights to:
- Life and health
- Clean water and sanitation
- To be well nourished and content
- To play, develop and enjoy life.
Medcare aims to ensure these rights to Ugandan children through the development of the Wellspring Children’s Medical Centre in Kamutuuza.
Medcare’s VISION is to provide individual, socially deprived children with:
- A healthy future
- A fulfilling childhood
- A knowledge that they are loved - by others and by God
- A chance to attend school and grow into adult life
- An opportunity to contribute to the financial status of their communities
- A release from the poverty trap.